SKILLS that are NOT TRAITS people are just born with…
- Self discipline
- Healthy communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Determination & persistence
- Being flexible
- Time management
- Regulating and directing your inner world
- Being grateful
Because these are SKILLS, that means ANYONE can learn them, CHOOSE to develop, & PRACTICE them.
While all those skills mentioned above are important when it comes to quitting your addiction to cigarettes, self-discipline is key.
The actual definition of self-discipline is: the ability to control one's feelings and overcome one's weaknesses; the ability to pursue what one thinks is right despite temptations to abandon it.
To have lasting success with quitting your addiction to cigarettes, practice self-discipline daily. HOW?
- Set goals and follow through with them
- Say no to cigarettes (& herbal smokes)
- Practice healthy habits (less screen time, PLAY, working out, eating healthy, studying subjects that interest you, art, etc.)
When you practice self-discipline consistently, you'll start to train yourself to naturally choose what you really want regardless of whatever *temporarily satisfying* unhealthy temptations are in front of you.
You don’t need to give up all of your treats in the name of self-discipline, however, it will be worth your while to take an honest look at where you lack self-discipline and how it may be affecting you in a less than ideal way.
Self-discipline takes EFFORT. Sometimes A LOT of it, especially when you are just starting to practice the skill. There will be lots of days that “you don’t feel like” doing things like working out, eating healthy, or quitting your addiction (of any kind).
The key to your transformation is to do it anyways. Not only to create better habits & a healthier mental, emotional, & physical state, but to also remain true to your word and consistent with your intentions.
Do you think self-discipline is one of the most important skills to develop if you want to quit your addiction to cigarettes FOR GOOD?
Action steps:On paper write out...
- Where are you wanting to improve your self-discipline skills?
- What you would like to do instead? Write down ACTIONABLE steps
- What other skills do you want to develop?
BEFORE YOU LIGHT UP AGAIN, KEEP READING...
Next time you go to smoke a cigarette, eliminate all distractions (INCLUDING YOUR PHONE), & be fully present with your smoke. Pay attention to how it tastes, how it smells, how it makes you feel. Do your absolute best to not judge this process in a negative way, simply observe YOU, your thoughts, emotions, & the habit you’ve created.
"The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change." -Carl Rogers
Take this undistracted time with your cigarette to ask yourself intimate questions.
Like... What need is this filling for me in this moment?
Am I mentally, emotionally, & physically addicted to cigarettes?
Is this who I really what to be?
Is this how I want to spend my time?
What healthy actions can I take instead of smoking?
WHY do I want to quit smoking?
What results do I want to come from quitting smoking?
Am I willing to COMMIT to doing the mental, emotional, & physical work that comes with quitting my addiction for good?
Dream. Feel it all. Be open & honest with yourself. DECIDE. Make a game plan.
START YOUR DETOX PROCESS TODAY:
- Write down your short term & long term goals on paper - Get to know yourself without the cigarette in your hand.
- Connect with your precious body (work out, walks in nature, dance, yoga, breathing exercises, process your emotions, direct your inner world, etc.)
- Befriend yourself! Refrain from using your thoughts, words, and actions against yourself.
- Take deliberate action, daily.
Quitting an addiction is a mind, body, and emotional job.If you want...
- a temporary tool to make your detox process feel more doable than quitting cold turkey (herbal smokes)
- support creating your foundation (understanding where you are now & creating a road map to where you want to go)
- To go on the mental, emotional, and physical journey of quitting cigarettes FOR GOOD
"I've failed plenty of times in life, but that's why I succeed." -Dean Graziosi
It doesn’t matter how old you are, how many “failed attempts” you’ve had in the past, or how long you’ve been smoking. You are here NOW. You CAN choose differently. You CAN make healthy changes. You CAN deliberately create the life you dream of.
Will you do whatever it takes?
You CAN & it is time, Heath ❤️
✨ HARDCOVER WORKBOOK - HOW TO QUIT SMOKING CIGARETTES USING HERBAL SMOKES
✨ THE E-BOOK - HOW TO QUIT SMOKING CIGARETTES USING HERBAL SMOKES
✨ BOOK A ZOOM CALL with Heather
✨ EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org